Saturday, January 26, 2008

Every Saturday

As you know, it was 2 weeks ago today (Saturday) that I received a phone call that a dear friend of mine had passed away at the age of 33. This has been a difficult situation. It is case like this that we have to have faith that God knows best and that He is the ultimate authority in our lives. I know all of this to be true, but still occurrences like this take a part of your security and comfort. It makes you realize that we are only here temporarily and that this world is not our home. It makes us realize even more that we do not think in God's time.

As I was driving somewhere the other day, I heard a christian song I had never heard. I listen to this genre almost exclusively and had never heard this song. I assumed it was a new release. No, it isn't but the timing for me could not have been better. I have clung to the words of this song since the day I heard it. I have posted a link to hear it, but I am including the words.

As I read the words, I am reminded on many times in my life I was barely hanging on and felt so empty. During those times, I had to know that God was in control and believe in Him. I hope you all can get something from this song, as well. I am sure we all have had times that we were trying to "figure God out". I am also sure we have had times where we blamed God for our pain or question Him. This song sums up some of those thoughts for me. I hope you enjoy.

Every Saturday by Seventh Day Slumber


Saturdays have never been the same
And I still can't believe you're gone
So many things I wish that I could say
I guess the hardest part of moving on
Are these memories that have overtaken me
Once again I'm right here on my knees

I'm barely hanging on
With all these empty feelings
I'm hurting in so many ways
And though I can't begin to understand the reason
I still believe that you're GOD

Saturdays have never been the same
That moment keeps repeating in my mind
The ringing phone
A call that changed my world
An emptiness that words cannot define
All these memories have overtaken me
So once again I fall upon my knees

And as you cried I cried with you
I'll never leave
I'll carry you through
Can't you see that I was always there?
These ashes of pain will fade

I'm barely hanging on
With all these empty feelings
I'm hurting in so many ways
And though I can't begin to understand the reason
I still believe that you're GOD
I'm barely hanging on
With all these empty feelings
I'm hurting in so many ways
And though I can't begin to understand the reason
I still believe that you're GOD


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqz3XYGQHwY- Here is the link to the song if you want to hear it.

3 comments:

tamblair said...

It is as if the song was written for you. I hope you are doing okay. You are still in my thoughts.

Kristin said...

God is so faithful, and I know how hard it is to see in such a painful situation. God wanted you to hear this song...I just don't have the words to describe this other than it's obviously a God thing. I've never heard this song either and I love it. Check out Homesick by Mercy Me and It's Gonna Be Alright by Sara Groves. You may already know those, but they are among the amny songs that have carried me since losing Dad.You and the Allison family are still in my prayers.

Rebecca said...

I am still thinking of you.