Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Where to go from here

The last few days have been a blur. I find myself being very quiet and reserved. I have been at work but I am just going through the motions. As I read my friend's obituaries, I found myself taken back another time. I just can not get my mind wrapped around the fact that I will never see her. I will never enjoy a humorous conversation with her. I will never play one of her never ending games. I will never hear her laugh or cry. All I will hear is the memories we all had. She was a silent servant. She never saw herself that way. She always wanted more. So, as I prepare for the worst "personal day" in history (that is what I had to take to be gone from school with pay), I am reminded of what is important. I am reminded to be that servant to others and to not take for granted any time we have. No one would have know that a person that seemed so healthy would leave so quickly. Please go and tell those that you love how much they mean to you!

2 comments:

tamblair said...

I am so sorry, Carrie. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kristin said...

Carrie will you please email me an address where I can send a card? Sending sympathy cards has become very important to me as I know how much they can mean - even from total strangers. kctorode@hotmail.com