Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Funeral

Well, we layed my dear friend to rest yesterday. I have to say that was a difficult day. Her family is grieving so much. The still need our continued prayers for peace and strength! As I sat there listening to all of the kind words being said, I glanced up at her husband. He was holding the 8 year old daughter. I have to say that Evette would have been so proud to see him with their little girl. He has been a rock for them to lean on but has been honest about the pain he and they would have to endure. As he cried during moments during the service, his daughter would wrap his arms around his neck and pat his back. I can already see that the love and tenderness Evette would have shown is being shown through her daughter. Thank you all for the prayers and kind words. I am making it day by day. I find myself thinking of her children and husband often. I cannot imagine the pain and confusion they must be experiencing. I pray that God will continue to strenghten them during these times!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

I've been praying for Jason and the kids, but I also wanted to let you know I've been praying for you. I know Evette was a wonderful friend to you, and that you'll miss her terribly.

Rebecca said...

I continue to pray for all of you.

Tracy said...

Carrie,
I am so saddened by the death of your friend. I can't even imagine the pain that her husband and children are going through. What church do you guys attend? Thinking and praying for you and her family.

carrie said...

Tracy,

We attend Pegram Church of Christ. Thank you for your prayers. This has been a hard thing to face in many aspects.